Happy Food Friday! I wanted to share a delicious, vegetarian dinner I recently made for my family. Thanks to Birds Eye’s Riced Cauliflower, I was inspired to make my favorite Jamaican dish, which works perfectly with jerk chicken. Keep in mind that it can be very spicy so make sure to use very little scotch bonnet pepper sauce. More sauce can be added later if you love spice or it can be toned down with ketchup if you can’t handle the spice.
One 10-oz. Birds Eye Steamfresh Veggie Made™ Riced Cauliflower
One 15.5-oz. of canned red kidney beans
5 allspice berries
5 sprigs of thyme
One 13.5-oz of canned coconut milk
1 onion and 2 cloves of garlic
1/8 of a teaspoon or less of scotch bonnet pepper sauce
Season with salt and pepper
- Sauté onions and garlic for a few minutes in a large sauce pan or small pot.
- Add coconut milk, red kidney beans, allspice, and thyme. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- In the meantime, heat the riced cauliflower in the microwave or on the stove.
- Remove the allspice berries and sprig of thyme from the coconut milk and add the riced cauliflower.
- Season with scotch bonnet pepper sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Continue to cook on low heat until liquid has evaporated.